There Will Be Blood is a 2007 drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and is based on the novel Oil! by Upton Sinclair. The film won a Golden Globe, a BAFTA Award and two Academy Awards.
The film begins in the year 1898. Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis) detected during his search for silver an oil well. He let the oil examinations and starts his own oil company. One day an employee dies and Plainview adopts his son. He gives the boy the name H. W. and promoted him to his partner.
In 1911 comes Plainview to know that in Little Boston oil well in California is a huge find. Looking for oil and wealth he pulls to the religious village. Plainview shoves all the standards and values aside and think but to one thing: oil. His passion and idiosyncratic behavior mean that Plainview a threat for its own environment.
- Daniel Day-Lewis - Daniel Plainview
- Barry Del Sherman - H.B. Ailman
- Paul F. Tompkins - Prescott
- Paul Dano - Paul Sunday/Eli Sunday
- Ciarán Hinds - Fletcher
- Kevin J. O'Connor - Henry
- David Warshofsky - H.m. Tilford
- Academy Awards
- Golden Globes
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) - Daniel Day-Lewis
- BAFTA Awards
- Best Actor in a Leading Role - Daniel Day-Lewis
- Director Paul Thomas Anderson claims he during the shooting every night to the film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre from 1948 looked.
- Daniel Day-Lewis was preparing during a whole year for his role. He won an Oscar for his portrayal.
- The character Daniel Plainview is based in part on oil baron Edward Doheny.
- Only after 14 minutes and 18 seconds are the first to hear spoken words in the film.
- The film music is written by Jonny Greenwood, the guitarist in the band Radiohead.