1933 (age 86–87)
1962–1977 (as sound editor)|
1977–2004 (as film editor)
|Script error: No such module "InfoboxImage".|
Script error: No such module "Check for unknown parameters".Template:Wikidata image
Terry Rawlings (born 1933 in London, England) is a British film editor and sound editor with several BAFTA nominations and one Academy Award nomination. His credits as a sound editor date from 1962 – 1977, after which he is credited primarily as a film editor.
Career[edit | edit source]
A founding member of the Guild of British Film and Television Editors, Rawlings has also been elected to membership in the American Cinema Editors, and received the organization's 2006 Career Achievement Award. He was nominated for an Oscar for his work on Chariots of Fire and for BAFTAs for both Alien and Blade Runner.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
He now lives in north London with his wife.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
- The Sentinel (1977)
- Watership Down (1978)
- Alien (1979)
- The Awakening (1980)
- Chariots of Fire (1981)
- Blade Runner (1982) (credited as "supervising editor". Despite being the film's editor, British citizen Rawlings was not allowed a full editor credit because he did not belong to an American film labor union)
- Yentl (1983)
- Legend (1985)
- F/X (1986)
- White of the Eye (1987)
- The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne (1987)
- Slipstream (1989)
- Bullseye! (1990)
- Not Without My Daughter (1991)
- Alien 3 (1992)
- No Escape (1994)
- Trapped in Paradise (1994)
- GoldenEye (1995)
- The Saint (1997)
- U.S. Marshals (1998)
- Entrapment (1999)
- The Musketeer (2001)
- The Core (2003)
- The Phantom of the Opera (2004)
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 1970 - Nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Sound Track for Isadora and Women in Love.
- 1980 - Nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Editing for Alien.
- 1982 - Nominated for BAFTA and Academy Award for Best Film Editing for Chariots of Fire.
- 1983 - Nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Film Editing for Blade Runner.
- 2003 - Won DVDX Award for Best Audio Commentary (shared with Ridley Scott, Ronald Shusett, Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton and John Hurt)
- 2006 - Received the American Cinema Editors Career Achievement Award.
References[edit | edit source]
- "American Cinema Editors > Members", webpage archived by WebCite from this original URL on 2008-03-04.
- "ACE Eddie Awards". American Cinema Editors. Archived from the original on 2006-08-23. https://web.archive.org/web/20060823082714/http://www.ace-filmeditors.org/newace/eddieSpecHonoree.html.
- Video interview with Terry Rawlings, 2012. Referenced quote begins at the 20:01 mark: http://vimeo.com/45239409