My Nintendo[lower-alpha 1] is a loyalty program provided by Nintendo and the successor to Club Nintendo. The system rewards allows players to earn points from using software or purchasing games, which can then be spent on rewards such as digital games or discounts. The program launched worldwide in March 2016, releasing alongside Nintendo's first mobile app, Miitomo.
"My Nintendo" was also the name of a registration program provided by Nintendo of America that launched in 2002. It allowed users to register their games and consoles on Nintendo's website using a printed code included with the products. Select physical rewards were possible dependent upon which product title or number of products overall were registered. This service was replaced by a North American version of Club Nintendo in December 2008.
By clearing various "missions", players earn three different kinds of currency; Gold Points, Platinum Points, and app-centric Platinum Points, which can be exchanged for rewards, including digital game downloads for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, discounts on software purchased from the Nintendo eShop or the official Nintendo online store, and other digital items such as downloadable themes for the Nintendo 3DS. Gold Points are earned by purchasing software digitally via the Nintendo eShop while Platinum Points are earned by performing actions such as linking with social media or signing into the Nintendo eShop or (formerly) Miiverse weekly. App-centric Platinum Points are earned by clearing missions within Nintendo's mobile apps, and can either be used to purchase rewards within the app or combined with regular Platinum Points to be spent on the main rewards. On March 6, 2018, the ability to use Gold Points in the Nintendo Switch eShop became available.
In January 2015, Nintendo announced that Club Nintendo would be discontinued in all regions, with announcing a new loyalty program at a later date. Club Nintendo was discontinued in North America on June 30.
In February 2016, it was announced that Its replacement, My Nintendo, would launch the following month in 39 countries, alongside Nintendo's new mobile app Miitomo and the new Nintendo Account system.
On December 1, 2016, My Nintendo added child account support, allowing users under 13 years to use the service with parental or guardian control. Adult user accounts can also add children between the age of 13 and 17 inclusively.
- ↑ My Nintendo (2002-12-17). "| My Nintendo - Nintendo |". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2002-12-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20021217015149/http://www.nintendo.com/cpp/mynintendo/myNintendo.do.
- ↑ http://www.nintendo.ca/2002/english/register.shtml
- ↑ Club Nintendo (2008-12-09). "Club Nintendo". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2009-12-07. https://web.archive.org/web/20081209062012/http://club.nintendo.com/.
- ↑ "Language Selection Nintendo Account". Nintendo. https://www.nintendo-europe.com/landing/Language-Selection-Nintendo-Account-1085581.html.
- ↑ Calvert, Darren (8 February 2018). "Rejoice, Soon You'll Be Able To Use Your My Nintendo Gold Points On The Switch eShop". http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/02/rejoice_soon_youll_be_able_to_use_your_my_nintendo_gold_points_on_the_switch_eshop. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- ↑ Ashcraft, Brian (January 20, 2015). "Nintendo Closing Club Nintendo (But Don't Panic)". Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/nintendo-closing-club-nintendo-but-dont-panic-1680579996. Retrieved December 17, 2016.
- ↑ "Mario is sad that Nintendo discontinued Club Nintendo". Polygon. https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/2/8883817/club-nintendo-discontinued-sad-mario.
- ↑ "Nintendo to launch mobile app Miitomo, My Nintendo rewards program in March". Polygon. https://www.polygon.com/2016/2/2/10901674/nintendo-miitomo-my-nintendo-launch.
- ↑ McFerran, Damien (December 1, 2016). "My Nintendo Rewards Site Gets A Fetching Facelift". Nintendo Life. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/my_nintendo_rewards_site_gets_a_fetching_facelift. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- [[[:Template:Official website/http]] Official website]
|User Information||Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (absorbed) • Mii|
|Communication||Swapnote • SpotPass and StreetPass (StreetPass Mii Plaza)|
|Entertainment||Nintendo Video • List of Nintendo Direct presentations|
|Internet Navigation||Internet Browser (Nintendo 3DS)|
|Loyalty Program||Club Nintendo (defunct) • Nintendo eShop • My Nintendo|
|Related||Nintendo 3DS system software • Wii U system software|
|Hardware||Nintendo Switch • Joy-Con • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller • Amiibo • Nintendo Labo|
|Software and services||System software (Mii • Nintendo eShop) • Switch Online • Apps (Niconico • YouTube) • Games (A-L • M-Z • Best-selling) • Nintendo Account (My Nintendo)|