A musician is a person who performs or writes music. Musicians can be classified by their roles in creating or performing music:
- An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
- A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
- Composers, songwriters and arrangers create musical compositions, songs and arrangements. These may be transcribed in music notation, performed or recorded.
- A conductor leads a musical ensemble. A conductor can simultaneously act as an instrumentalist in the ensemble.
- A recording artist creates recorded music, such as CDs and MP3 files.
Types of musiciansEdit
Bassist or Double bassist · Bassoonist · Bandurist (Bandura player) · Bouzouki player · Cellist · Clarinetist · Drummer · Euphoniumist · Electronic musician · Flautist · Guitarist (Electric, Acoustic, Synth) · Harpist · Hornist (Horn player) · Keyboardist (Keyboard player) · Mandolinist · Oboist · Organist · Pianist · Percussionist · Recorder player · Saxophonist · Sawist (musical saw player) · Sitarist · Trombonist · Trumpeter (also Trumpet player) · Tubist (Tuba player) · Uillean piper · Violinist · Violist (Viola player)
See also Edit
|40x40px||Look up musician in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: [[[:Template:Sec link/relative url]] Musician]|