|Metal Gear Solid Mobile|
Metal Gear Solid Mobile title screen.
|Developer(s)||Ideaworks Game Studio|
|Release date(s)|| |
Metal Gear Solid Mobile is a mobile phone installment of the Metal Gear series first unveiled in Kojima Productions' 20th Anniversary party. The game was released worldwide. Konami offered the game as a paid download or pre-installed in a Metal Gear-branded cell phone. It shows Solid Snake in his attire from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
On February 14, 2008, Metal Gear Solid Mobile won the "Grand Prix" and "Operator's Choice" awards at the 2008 International Mobile Gaming Awards.
Metal Gear Solid Mobile was later released by Nokia on the N-Gage platform. The new version features original content, 3D art and camera works, an in-game camouflage system, and additional controls specific for N-Gage mobile devices. This version of the game was released on December 11, 2008.
The story takes place between Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, after Revolver Ocelot has leaked technical information on Metal Gear REX to the world. As a counter-measure, Solid Snake and Otacon form Philanthropy, an anti-Metal Gear organization whose goal is the complete eradication of all Metal Gears. Otacon quickly receives his first lead on development of a new Metal Gear. AI programmer Dr. Victoria Reed has agreed to reveal new details on the Metal Gear in exchange for assistance in her escape.
Midway through the mission however, it turns out Victoria Reed means VR. Snake finds out the Otacon he is talking to is part of a giant VR simulation. Otacon from the outside world then breaks in and helps guide Snake out of the VR simulation. Snake fights "The Commander" on top of a VR Metal Gear Rex. After defeating him, Snake wakes up to unnamed voices speaking. They say that while Snake did prove useful, he failed to provide them with the battle data they needed for the Project, and they instruct someone to erase all memories of the simulation and dump him back where they kidnapped him. One unnamed voice then says that they already have the second test subject lined up. One of the voices then says, "...Let's see if Jack can do better."
- ↑ Fahey, Mike (March 19, 2008). "Metal Gear Solid Mobile On Verizon". http://kotaku.com/369624/metal-gear-solid-mobile-on-verizon. Retrieved March 19, 2008.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Metal Gear Solid for N-Gage". Nokia. Archived from the original on December 16, 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20081216112719/http://blog.n-gage.com/archive/metal-gear-solid-for-n-gage/. Retrieved December 12, 2008.
- ↑ Karl, Ben (April 2008). "Metal Gear Solid Mobile". GamePro (235): 42.
- ↑ Belic, Dusan (February 14, 2008). "2008 International Mobile Gaming Awards winners announced". http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/14/2008-international-mobile-gaming-awards-winners-announced.html.
- ↑ "Nokia to distribute KONAMI games for N-Gage platform" (Press release). Nokia. May 20, 2008. http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1220793. Retrieved May 20, 2008.
- Official website Invalid language code.