New English lyrics (and a new English title) were written by Mack David. The song was published in 1967. The best-selling version of the song was recorded that year by Vikki Carr, which reached number three on the U.S. pop chart and spent three weeks at number one on the easy listening chart. The single peaked at number two in both the United Kingdom and Australia. Carr went on to record it inSpanish and Italian, as well. Carr's recording was featured in the 1987 Norman Jewison film Moonstruck.
- Shirley Bassey recorded the song on her 1967 album And We Were Lovers.
- Dottie West recorded the song on her 1968 album of female vocalist hits Feminine Fancy.
- Monique Leyrac recorded the song on her 1968 album Beautiful Morning.
- Betty Chung (鍾玲玲),a Hong Kong female singer of the 60's & 70's, recorded the song on her 1968 SP album I Want Action/It Must Be Him and LP album 野火 Wild Flame.
- Carola Standertskjöld recorded the Finnish rendering "Se Onko Hän" for her 1970 album Kielletyt Leikit .
- Lee Adam Wilshier, an Australian male singer recorded the song in his 2008 album Lover Man.