Written by brothers Michael and Jackie, the song featured solo leads by Randy and Michael. Released as a single in 1981, the song reached #77 on the pop charts and number thirty on theR&B charts in United States, but reached number six in the UK and number two in the Netherlands in 1981.
The accompanying video, directed by Bruce Gowers and Robert Abel, was noted for its remarkable special effects created by Robert Abel and Associates. Michael created the video's concept, and Tito's sons Taj and Taryll appeared as extras. In 2001, it was voted one of the 100 best videos of all time, in a poll to mark the 20th anniversary of MTV. The title was also used for a 2009 greatest hits compilation.
- Written and composed by Michael Jackson and Jackie Jackson
- Produced by The Jacksons
- Lead vocals: Michael & Randy Jackson
- Arrangement by Michael & Jackie Jackson
- String arrangement by Tom Tom 84
- Background vocal coordinator & choir director: Stephanie Spruill
- The Children's Choir: Yolanda Kenerly, Brigette Bush, Audra Tillman, Lita Aubrey, Rhonda Gentry, Roger Kenerly II, Soloman Daniels, Brian Stilwell, Gerry Gruberth, Peter Wade
- The Adults' Choir: Stephanie Spruill, Paulette McWilliams, Bunny Hull, Crolyn Dennis, Venetta Fields, Josie James, Paulette Brown, Carmen Twillie, Lisa Roberts, Phillis St. James, Roger Kenerly-Saint, Ronald Vann, Lewis Price, Gregory Wright, Arnold McCuller, Roy Galloway, Jim Gilstrap, Gerry Garrett, Bob Mack, Tyrell (Rock) Deadrick