The year 1980 in architecture involved some significant events.
- The Tallinn TV Tower in Tallinn, Estonia is completed for the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow.
- The Vilnius TV Tower in Vilnius, Lithuania is completed on the last day of the year.
- Tower 42 in London, United Kingdom is completed.
- August 23 - Demolition of Wallis, Gilbert and Partners' Art Deco Firestone Tyre Factory (1928) on the 'Golden Mile' of London's Great West Road a week before its designation as a listed building.
- Aga Khan Prize - Hassan Fathy.
- Architecture Firm Award - Edward Larrabee Barnes Associates.
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Paul Chemetov.
- Pritzker Prize - Luis Barragán.
- RAIA Gold Medal - John Andrews.
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal - James Stirling.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Lever House.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.